September 2012 is a big month for series and season premieres followed by October. Most shows will be in full swing by the beginning of November. Below is a calendar of September’s premieres. This isn’t an exhaustive list.
Here’s what we have to look forward to:
- Private Practice is back for what may be it’s final season. What will the doctors at Oceanside do now?
- Last Resort is a new thriller from ABC. From the synopsis I’m not convinced it has the cast or potential to last more then a season.
- Grey’s Anatomy returns for their ninth season minus Lexi Grey and plastic surgeon McDreamy. I really think this is crunch time for the series. The writers really need to come up with better plot lines.
- Castle. I’m always excited for Castle. Humor, drama, and Firefly references. What’s not to love?
- Scandal is back in it’s second season. I haven’t watched the show yet, but it looks interesting enough.
- Once Upon a Time returns for their second season and I’ll be interested to see how they drag the story lines. The show was a huge hit last year and has a stellar cast, but can ABC make the magic last?
- Revenge also returns for another season. This is another show I’ve never watched. Perhaps this season I will.
- 666 Park Avenue is a new horror/drama. I’m on the fence about this. I’m also biased to the collaboration 666 Westend Avenue that’s written on the story play site http://www.panhistoria.com. I’ll give it a go, but I don’t think I’ll be convinced.
- Grimm actually premiered on 8/13/2012 on the Monday night time slot. They will return to their #ThankGrimmitsFriday time slot on September 14. You already know my love and excitement for this show.
- Revolution is a new drama about a blackout. The previews look decent and I’m all about dystopians.
- Law & Order: SVU is back for another season. I’m only halfway through last season, but the show has somewhat lost it’s charm. There are so many other shows out there right now and the long running crime drama needs to do something so it doesn’t turn out like it’s predecessor Law and Order.
- NCIS returns for their tenth season and boy does CBS have something good with this show. It has a great cast and the writers continue to amaze and dazzle us. NCIS is certainly their drama golden goose.
- NCIS: Los Angeles returns and while I like the staff this show just irritates me. There was no need for a spin-off, but I digress.
- Vegas is a new drama from CBS and I’m sure like most of their past dramas it will only last a season. I just can’t see Dennis Quaid in television and well the Vegas theme is growing old.
- CSI returns, but honestly it’s lost it’s charm.
- Criminal Minds. I definitely need to catch up with this show.
- Person of Interest returns and frankly looks interesting, but a girl only has so much time and I’m not a huge fan of CBS. I must confess.
- Elementary is a new drama that takes the old Sherlock Holmes story in a different direction making Dr. Watson a female. Dr. Joan Watson is played by Lucy Lui so the show can’t be all that bad.
- CSI: NY
- Made in Jersey. CBS is definitely trying to get the Jersey Shore viewers naming this show what they did. It’s actually a legal drama about a female lawyer who, of course, grew up with street smarts from Jersey. The title alone makes me gag. Though I’m hoping to be pleasantly surprised.
- Bluebloods returns and I’m told the show is fantastic. I’ve been meaning to get around to it, but haven’t.
- The Good Wife returns and I watched the first few episodes and was intrigued, but got side tracked. I’m just legal/crime drama’d out right now.
- Glee returns and amid speculation. How will the show continue with the majority of it’s cast having graduated from high school? Regardless I’ll be happy to be able to belt out during the show.
- Fringe. I’m ashamed to admit that I have never watched an episode. Suffice to say I plan on changing that.
- Bones returns for another season. I haven’t finished catching up on last season, but this season appears to look interesting enough.
October looks just as tantalizing with the CW premiering some new shows and some favorites. Look out for a similar post soon for a list of October’s premieres.
This season has a lot of potential for some great shows. I know how I’ll be spending my cold Minnesota winter nights. What shows are you excited for?