If you read my last post on “Back to School” essentials, then you will know that I am an absolute sucker for graphic print t-shirts. I think they are so cute. They are a great way to express yourself, and speak a lot about your personality….they’re amazing!
Graphic print t-shirts come in all shapes and sizes, and for all different kinds of people. There are literally thousands of websites and shops out there that supply t-shirts for the masses, and you can find one that represents almost everything you can think of….from video games, to TV shows to music…there is something out there that will cater for the Geek in us all!
I’m a huge fan of David and Goliath for t-shirts. I think that their designs are so cute and hi-larious! This one just magically happened to fall into my online shopping basket…it is too adorable for words! Just look at his little face… *squee*
T-shirts are an absolute must-have for me. They can be dressed up or down depending on what you’re wearing them for and there are styles that suit every man, woman, and body shape (and yes ladies, it’s okay to look in the men’s section of shops too…they are ALWAYS going to be more comfortable. I always hit the men’s t shirt area of Primark when I go in!
Here are some styling ideas for graphic print t shirts…of course, you might have your own preferences of how to wear these little beauties, but I’m going to throw a few ideas out there into the fashion universe!
- Wear under a button down short sleeved shirt for a more “formal” look.
- Layer underneath a knitted vest or jumper. (Try a contrasting colour if you’re feeling brave!) This also looks a bit more formal too, and if you have quite a casual workplace, could be an option for something to wear there.
- A leather jacket, denim jacket or blazer looks great thrown over a graphic print t -shirt. I personally love the leather jacket look at the moment…somewhat Matrix-esque!
- Graphic print t-shirts on men can be worn with denim, leather trousers, board shorts, so have fun and mix and match textures!
- Accessorise: Hats…shoes…jewellery…accessories make clothes completely personalised and unique!
- Tuck into a high waist mini skirt and team with a waist belt and tights for a casual, yet feminine look.
- Wear with some kind of denim (jeans, shorts, skirt), and a pair of comfortable flats. If it’s getting colder, team with some opaque tights or leggings to keep your tootsies warm.
- Wear under a chunky oversized cardigan or jumper. If you’re really brave, go for one in a contrasting print or colour to your t -shirt. This will add another level of dimension to your outfit, and make you look super daring!
- Layer under a blazer for a chic look….team this with leggings, skinny jeans, or shorts and a pair of heels or boots for a look you can rock from day through til night!
- Wear with a maxi skirt and jacket/cardigan for an outfit that’s more Autumn-friendly. Biker boots would add a grungy/more masculine edge to this, if skirts are a bit too girly for you!
I have had a squizz at the internet, and found my “Top 5” website picks for finding great graphic print t-shirts! I know that everybody reading this will have different preferences, but I’ve tried to be versatile and choose sites that I think will provide a wide selection…something for us all!
Pst……If you are a non-UK/non EU resident, you might need to check whether some of these sites do international shipping!
A HUMUNGOUS selection of graphic print t -shirts for men, women and children alike….You can find tributes to your favourite TV shows, films and music here.
http://www.chicksrule.co.uk/ or http://www.davidandgoliathtees.com/
I absolutely LOVE David and Goliath…I think their designs are really cutesy and delicious, and are great to wear on a day where you need a pick-me-up!
Great site that stocks t- shirts, hoodies, and merchandise for some of your favourite games…I particularly like the W.O.W and Star Wars: The Old Republic sections!
Never underestimate the power of ebay…with a good hunt through the site there are bargains to be found…ebay is great for beating the recession blues, and, it sounds really lame, but I like finding vintage pieces that have a story.
Loads of choice on this site, all neatly categorised for you…music, entertainment, and retro pieces alike!