When it comes to smartphone messengers, you just cannot avoid pointing out “Whatsapp”. WhatsApp Messenger is available for multiple mobile companies like, Apple, Android, Windows phone etc. If you have one of these phones, you have the ability to exchange messages without having to pay for SMS because WhatsApp Messenger uses the same internet data plan that you use for email and web browsing, there is no cost to message and stay in touch with your friends.
So why should we use this messenger?
- If you and your friend have this app then you both can chit chat as much as you want. Send as many messages totally free. The app only requires a Wi-fi or data connection for it to function.
- Send Video, Images, and Voice notes to your friends and contacts.
- Play and enjoy the group conversations with all the contacts in your phone. You can also add/delete members from the groups, change the subject, and set the group icon.
- You can also select any of your photos for you profile which will be visible to all your contacts.
- If your international friends have “WhatsApp” then you can enjoy the chatting with them and all this is totally free. It’s basically free international text messaging.
- There is no need to remember any PIN or password. The reason is that this app works with your phone number, just like SMS. What it needs is your phone address book.
- As I said before, this app uses your phone address book to automatically connect with your buddies. So there is no need to make a buddy list or anything like that. Your contacts who already have WhatsApp Messenger will be automatically displayed under Favorites, similar to a buddy list.
- If your smartphone is switched off, “WhatsApp” will still keep your messages, and when your phone is switched on, you will get all those messages.
- There are many other features included like, sharing location and places, Exchange contacts, Custom wallpaper, Custom notification sounds, Landscape mode, Message timestamps, Email chat history, Broadcast messages and media to many contacts at once.
- Whatsapp works much like a Twitter or Facebook app in that it sends push notifications showing when you have a message. This allows you to not have to have the app open in order to get your messages. Unlike Skype or some other messengers, you can switch between this app and others and not go “offline”.
Download the app for: